Friday, March 15, 2013

Introducing.... Off-Topic Fridays

I have a proclivity to ramble. It's just a habit I guess, something that comes with me having no filter when it comes to speaking. In social conversation, I am that person who is always making social gaffes and in-eloquently tripping over words. In any case, I figured my rambling needed an outlet and it's always fun to have variety in a blog. Thus, I've deemed Fridays to be my off-topic days, the day of the week that I post little thoughts and nit-bits that are random. 

I hope you, the readers might also enjoy! 

So, without further delay.... 


1) Godfrey Gao is beautiful. No seriously, the man is beautiful. I discovered this Taiwanese-born actor (came to Canada when he was 9 so he also speaks fluently in English) through some random drama blogs that I follow (self-admitted Asian drama addict here). He's 6'5, his face his beautiful, his being is beautiful. He's also going to be playing Magnus from the upcoming "Mortal Instruments" movie, an adaptation of a book series I rather enjoyed back in the day. Reader, I am in love.




2) The Andrews Sisters are amazing. My friend has started a singing trio with her friends and since one part of the trio isn't available on one of their performance days, she asked if I could help fill in. It's just so much fun to listen to this upbeat style of music. When you listen, all you want to do is sing along and dance. Really amazing music. :) 




3) The Lizzie Bennet Diaries is my crack. As an avid "Pride and Prejudice" fan, I've followed many different adaptations/sequels versions of the book that started it out. I could really ramble on and on for days about the topic (1995 BBC series=favorite interpretation). I'm really loving the way they've modernized the series, and I think they really show how socially awkward but well-intentioned (for the most part) Darcy is. The acting is amazing, and I am incredibly jealous of Jane Bennet's lovely Modcloth filled wardrobe. 




4) Les Miserables is always on my mind. Yes, the movie came out quite a while ago, but I'm still obsessed. And it's reminded me of how much I love, love, love musicals. I've been listening to loads of Lea Salonga (aka angel voice of the heavens) and singing along to my old favorites. 


5) Gym should be banned from schools. I thought cruel and unusual punishments were supposed to be illegal. That is all. 

Thanks for paying mind to my ramblings!
Lily 

1 comment: